Last year I read about the “12 days of Christmas” event Lisa created for her family. She said it really made the holiday season extra special. I loved the concept and it’s something I’m ready to do with my family this year. Lisa’s suggestions and cute products made it easy. Take a look!
The basic idea is to think up 12 holiday-themed activities for the entire family to enjoy together throughout the month of December.
Here are my 2015 Twelve Days of Christmas plans based on Lisa’s tips, experience, and fabulous products:
- We’re not going to pressure ourselves into 12 days of holiday activities in a row. It’s hard to always get schedules to coordinate, so we will start early in December and spread them out.
- I’ve created 12 festive small cards using the Holiday Nifty Gifties Kit from Lisa’s Anthology collection. (I used materials that were left over after I had made the 25 gift card holders. How cool is that!?) I attached the cards to a painted paperboard wreath using clothes pins that were first glued onto the wreath. A tag inside each card reveals what that day’s activity will bring.
- I’m using lyrics from Christmas songs as “themes” for each day.
- I’m keeping the activities very simple and centered on memories, service, and spending quality holiday time together.
- I will definitely save the cards and wreath for future years!
- I’m so excited about this holiday tradition — it’s going to be hard to wait till December! In the meantime, I just might make a few more as gifts!!