How is your 2016 going? Mine has been busy, busy, busy! We had two lovely guests from Switzerland–one stayed a week and the other left yesterday! Our house feels a little quieter–we love having company!
Before I tell you what we’ve been up to, I want to ask a question that I’ve seen other bloggers also ask. Do you still read blogs or are they a thing of the past? Have other things like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Vlogging taken over? I’d love an answer in the comments section.
So–lots of excitement going on here.
- If you haven’t seen the movie JOY, please run to see it! Honestly, after 11 years on QVC and two on HSN, I felt like it was my own story (minus the dysfunctional family). My “miracle mop” was Creating Keepsakes Magazine. I loved Jennifer Lawrence and found the story line so inspiring.
2. I spent a lot of time with these cuties. I felt like a kid again romping and playing in the snow. Brecken received her mission call for our church and she will be leaving for 18 months to Macon, Georgia the middle of April. Ironically, Becky Higgins parents are also on a mission there and we’ve talked to her dad several times on the phone!
3. Brecken and her college roommates went on a progressive dinner from house to house so they could meet each gal’s family and eat some yummy food! They ended the night (a little sick) eating cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory!
4. Sage was in an e-mail blast for the EFY (Especially for Youth) program for our church. You may have seen this ad!
5. We went on an impromptu trip to the little town of McCammon, Idaho (population 797) where we stayed in the coolest hotel ever, The Harkness Hotel, went to Lava Hot Springs mineral pools in nine degree weather, and ate at diners, dives and drive-ins!
Now let me just say that The Harkness Hotel is one of the coolest places I’ve ever stayed! It’s an old renovated financial building and the rooms and suites are a site to behold!
Hope you’re having a great first week of 2016!