My youngest, Sage, really struggles with fruits and veggies! She’s a carb girl, and if I’d let her, she’d choose sweetened cereal every morning. I knew I had to come up with a tasty, nutrient-filled green smoothie that she could drink on the run in the mornings. And this, my friend, is just that deliciousness! Sage loves it; my 16-month-old granddaughter loves it; I love it! In fact, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love this concoction. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and tangy.
Please watch my snappy video and then I’ll further share some secrets:
- I use Blend It Up protein+ smoothie mix. It doesn’t change the texture or flavor and has just a hint of sweetness. I found this at Costco and now order it online. In fact, the initial recipe came on the back canister but of course I tweaked it!
- You don’t have to core your pineapple! Yahoo! Just cut off the outer shell. I usually cut up the entire pineapple and store it in a Ziplock gallon bag so it’s ready to be used.
- Don’t take a lot of time peeling your orange. Keep the pith (the white stuff) intact–it adds nutrients and makes it easy.
- Any type of sweetener will work but I normally use Truvia, a calorie-free, natural sweetener.
- Don’t forget the lime. Just a small slice with the peel still on!
- My favorite blender is Blendtec. I’ve owned it for years and will never buy another brand. In fact, I’ll never need to purchase another one–it’s built so well.
I can honestly drink this for every meal–I love it so much!
P.S. The pictures were shot with a brand new product called the ShotBox. More information to come. I love this brand-new, must-have tool!